Local Family History Centers
To find out more about the services and resources available at a particular Family History Center, search the FamilySearch Wiki.
Here are the direct links to Everett and Shoreline (listed as Seattle but actually in Mountlake Terrace).
To find specific resources at a Family History Center (FHC), you need to search the Family History Library Catalog. The Catalog is “topic- and locality-driven”, and allows users to see if that FHC holds a given book, microfilm or microfiche number.
To search the Family History Catalog for resources at a specific Center, start with the Library Search Page.
- Select the search type you you want to search (place, surname, etc)
- Enter the search terms (for places, enter start with the largest category first, e.g, United States, Washington, Snohomish),
- Select ‘Family History Center’ under Availability.
- Then choose (from a very long list) the Family History Center you want [or click in the selection box and start typing the name; the list will jump to it (for example you can type El and it will jump to El Dorado.
- Click the ‘Update’ button and you will see your search.